Anthem A5 Black Multi-Channel Power Amplifier
A superb 5 Channel Power Amplifier from Anthem that will add more presence to both movies and music and at a very reasonable price. This unit is Made in Canada.
Delivery - FREE delivery Australia wide!
Demo's - should you require a demo please contact us!
Pricing - some items are listed at RRP, contact us to discuss better prices!
Home Theatre Receivers are the most popular choice for surround sound systems, but have limitations when it comes to 'driving' high quality speakers and are often not appealing to those who have enjoyed a quality high fidelity system. Either the A5 or A2 would improve this situation. A popular solution is to add a Power Amplifier and use the Receiver as a Pre/Processor. The Anthem A5 is a good choice for both music lovers and Home Theatre applications because it has the 'grunt' to really deliver hard and strong bass for hours on end. Your Home Theatre Receiver needs to have Pre-out connections to add a Power Amplifier.
How Many Channels
Even with the advent of 7.2 and 9.2 channel surround sound systems, most of our customers still opt for tried-and-true 5.1 channel sound. Recognising this fact, Anthem designed and built this 5 channel power amplifier as the primary companion to their preamp/processors, but it also partners well with any Home Theatre Receiver with appropriate outputs.
If you want to step up to 7.2 or even 9.2 surround sound, then you can easily add one or more A2 225 Watt stereo (2 channel) power amplifiers to your system for more surround channels or multi-room audio.
Behind the A5's rugged facade lies a muscular, yet refined power amplifier design that excels at reproducing both fine musical detail and hair-raising transient peaks.
The A5 is very comfortable driving high-performance speakers. If your preamp or A/V processor has XLR outputs, you can connect to this amp's XLR inputs and enjoy the superior sound quality they provide.
- Power Output: Continuous RMS, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, <0.1% THD
- 225 Watts @ 8 ohms (1 Channel Driven)
- 180 Watts @ 8 ohms (5 Channels Driven)
- 370 Watts @ 4 ohms (1 Channel Driven)
- 265 Watts @ 4 ohms (5 Channels Driven)
- 535 Watts @ 2 ohms (1 Channel Driven)
- 340 Watts @ 2 ohms (5 Channels Driven) *Special Test Conditions Required for 2 Ω
- Inputs: 2 Single-Ended, 2 Balanced, 1 Relay Trigger (3.5 mm Mono Jack)
- Outputs: 5 Pairs Speaker Binding Posts, 1 Relay Trigger (3.5 mm Mono Jack)
- THD+N: (200 W into 8 Ω) 0.001% at 1 kHz, 0.03% at 20 kHz
- IMD: 0.0005% (CCIF, 225 W into 8 Ω)
- Power Bandwidth: 10 Hz to 100 kHz (+0 -3 dB, 225 W into 8 Ω)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0 -0.15 dB), 5 Hz to 100 kHz (+0 -2 dB)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.5 Vrms in for 225 W out into 8 Ω
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ (RCA), 15 kΩ (XLR)
- Damping Factor: 360 at 1 kHz (ref. 8 Ω)
- S/N Ratio: 120 dB, A-weighted (ref. 225 W)
- Crosstalk: -78 dB at 1 kHz
- Voltage Gain: 29 dB
- Slew Rate: 30 V/µs
- Heavy-gauge 14-awg steel chassis
- Fine-grain brushed aluminum cover and extruded aluminum handles.
- Can be ordered with rack-mount handles. (See us for more information.)
- Front Panel Power (On/Off)
- Rear Panel On/Off Modes (Trigger, Manual, Auto), Inputs (RCA, XLR)
- Power Consumption: 1800 Watts
- Height: 195mm including feet
- Width Faceplate: 490mm
- Chassis Width: 438mm
- Depth: 492mm
- Weight: 25.9 kg